Home | PACQUIAO VS MAYWEATHER NEWS | PACMAN VS PBF VIDEOS | MANNY PACQUIAO VS FLOYD MAYWEATHER PICTURES

Manny Pacquiao vs Floyd Mayweather

News and Latest Updates, Streaming Videos, Pictures, HBO 24/7 Episodes

Friday, December 18, 2009

All I want for Christmas and what’s next for us after Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather Jr?

pacquiao vs mayweather
By Nino Tecson: It really makes me wonder what’s in store for boxing fans in 2010. It looks like the Manny Pacquiao versus Floyd Mayweather Jr.fight is so close to being signed, sealed and delivered for March. Like many of you, I can’t wait to see this fight. It is the biggest fight in years. Some might even say the biggest fight of the decade or even the biggest fight of the century.


I’ve heard some people say with Mayweather’s style this will end up being a boring fight. Most of the time these comments come from boxing fans that do not appreciate Mayweather’s brilliance in the ring. These comments are usually from fans like me who usually prefer brawlers and sluggers since they provide non-stop action in the ring. Brawlers, KO artists, and aggressive fighters just make for exciting fights.
Mayweather may be a defensive master in the ring but let’s face it most of us watch boxing to see two men box. We do not watch to see if one boxer can duck under a punch, block it or run around the ring. Having said this, I probably just gave away the fact that I am a Pacman fan. I am a fan because he delivers exciting fights. I do acknowledge that being an exciting fighter does not make him a better boxer than Floyd. I do think Pacquiao has a better KO punch and more heart that Pacquiao might pull off a win. Both these guys have lightning speed and stamina to go the full 12 rounds and some (have a concert or count their money after the fight). Both fighters also have the legs and chin, well I don’t know, to me Floyd’s chin might be questionable. Manny’s chin just got tested by Cotto, you just have to wonder how Floyd’s chin would hold up against someone like Cotto or Margarito.

Regardless of our opinions, our predictions, and early Vegas odds – Nobody knows how this fight will turn out and that’s why we all want to see it. It is the two best fighters in their prime and everyone is curious to see them in the ring.

My question is, what can we look forward to in 2010 besides this fight – What’s next? Short of a rematch, there is no match out there that can bring this much excitement for us boxing fans. Would you be excited to see Mosley versus the winner of this match? I would be a little excited but my opinion is that would not happen. I think if Pacman wins over Mayweather, Manny will retire. If Mayweather wins, he has expressed numerous times that has nothing to gain by fighting Mosley and will probably never agree to fight him. I am happy they are trying to get the Pacquaio vs Mayweather match together but I am a greedy boxing fan – I want more! In my world, I would love to see a trilogy between Pac and Money, obviously with the assumption that it’s a good fight.

I remember the last big fight, which was the record setting Mayweather-Dela Joya. That was a pretty boring fight and I am happy there was no rematch or worse a trilogy. I still want more though – I want to see Cotto fight Margarito again. I want Mosley to get a shot at both Pac and Money. I want heavyweights that are exciting to watch. I want all the up and coming fighters to get to their prime – Berto, Khan, etc.

In the end if I was given three boxing wishes for Christmas – I would say all I really want for Christmas is:

1.) Pacquiao versus Money Mayweather in March,

2.) Pacquiao versus Money Mayweather in July

3.) Pacquiao versus Money Mayweather in November

If Santa thinks I’ve been good maybe he can throw in Mosley, Berto, Paul Williams, Amir Khan, Cotto, Margarito in between the 3 fights above. One last thing – I want a boxing match between Mayweather Sr versus Roach.

Source: boxingnews24.com

No comments:

Post a Comment