Home | PACQUIAO VS MAYWEATHER NEWS | PACMAN VS PBF VIDEOS | MANNY PACQUIAO VS FLOYD MAYWEATHER PICTURES

Manny Pacquiao vs Floyd Mayweather

News and Latest Updates, Streaming Videos, Pictures, HBO 24/7 Episodes

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Superstar Winky Wright: Pacquiao is no walkover for Mayweather

pacquiao vs cotto
Today, Thanksgiving Day in the United States, is future Boxing Hall Of Famer Ronald “Winky” Wright’s 38th birthday.

While I am sure that you join me in wishing this talented and gentlemanly boxer many happy returns, you might be surprised to hear that Wright has a gift for Pinoy Idol Manny Pacquiao.

Wright has never been a Pacman critic but he admits to having been a doubter. No more, Wright told me, no more.

I spoke to Wright as he began to put the finishing touches on his training for a comeback bout on PPV TV from San Juan, Puerto Rico, on Dec. 11 against rugged Grady “Bad Boy” Brewer.

Sensing that Wright was in a good mood, I needled him for public forecasting that Miguel Cotto would be too strong for Pacman.

“Oh man, I got that one wrong, I really did,” the fighter whose has two victories over Sugar Shane Mosley and one over Felix “Tito” Trinidad said. “I don’t know if he can beat Floyd Mayweather but I do know one thing, I won’t bet against Pacquiao.

“I thought Cotto would stop Pacquiao because of his physical strength. I bet against him when he fought Oscar de la Hoya. Like I say, I don’t know if he will beat Mayweather but I do know this, it won’t be any walkover for Floyd.

“It’s no easy fight for Floyd. It’s amazing what this guy does, he started out so small but he punches very strong. And he and Freddie (Roach), they always have a game plan and they always stick to that game plan . This guy is a great little fighter.”
Lest we be too critical of Wright’s fight handicapping skills, he pointed out that he was 100 percent correct on Andre Ward, the American Olympic gold medalist who just trounced WBA super middleweight champion Mikkel Kessler on Saturday in Ward's hometown of Oakland.

Source: examiner.com

No comments:

Post a Comment