Home | PACQUIAO VS MAYWEATHER NEWS | PACMAN VS PBF VIDEOS | MANNY PACQUIAO VS FLOYD MAYWEATHER PICTURES

Manny Pacquiao vs Floyd Mayweather

News and Latest Updates, Streaming Videos, Pictures, HBO 24/7 Episodes

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Floyd Mayweather: No Manny Pacquiao Next, but Maybe Champion Victor Ortiz


Floyd Mayweather and No Manny Pacquiao Next, but Maybe Champion Victor Ortiz

While Floyd Mayweather won’t admit that he watched the Manny Pacquiao fight, I bet my bottom dollar that he was watching it closely.

Mayweather is scared and now it looks like he will try to dodge the Pacquiao bullet again by fighting WBC Welterweight Champion Victor Ortiz.

Ortiz tells Kansan.com:

Next, Ortiz will face Floyd Mayweather Jr. The details of the fight are still being worked out, but Ortiz said contracts should be signed soon.

“I have been striving for success, to be that All-American and to be all that I can,” Ortiz said.



MUST READ: Manny Pacquiao vs. Shane Mosley: "Sugar" Shane's Sweetest Knockouts (With Video)



While I feel Mayweather is the better fighter, Ortiz has the ability to rock a rusty fighter that doesn’t take him serious. I hope this is just the appetizer for Mayweather and he is eyeing Pacquiao as his main dish.

While this all sounds good, there are serious flaws in Ortiz story.

Ortiz tells KUSports.com:

WBC welterweight champion Victor Ortiz, a native of Garden City, told the Journal-World on Tuesday night that he plans to fight Floyd Mayweather Jr. on Sept. 16 in Las Vegas.

“I just need to look at the contract and make sure everything is OK. It’s not 100 percent sure yet, but that’s what I’m setting my sights on.”

I want to believe him, but it doesn’t seem likely. September 16 is a Friday and there are other big fights scheduled that weekend including the Miguel Cotto-Antonio Margarito Rematch on September 17 in Las Vegas.

Source: bleacherreport.com

No comments:

Post a Comment