Home | PACQUIAO VS MAYWEATHER NEWS | PACMAN VS PBF VIDEOS | MANNY PACQUIAO VS FLOYD MAYWEATHER PICTURES

Manny Pacquiao vs Floyd Mayweather

News and Latest Updates, Streaming Videos, Pictures, HBO 24/7 Episodes

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Pacman’s big plans

The candidate himself–Manny Pacquiao–was the least surprised over the outcome of the fight for the lone congressional seat of Sarangani. A week after being proclaimed winner over the heavily-favored Roy Chiongbian, Pacquiao said there was not even an iota of doubt in his mind that he would bounce back from the humiliation that he suffered in 2007. “I didn’t have doubts that I would win,” said the 31-year-old boxing star during a recent interview while he was shooting a commercial. “I was confident that I was going to conquer another world.”

Pacquiao credits his long-term preparation as key to his victory, a win that ranks alongside his 2008 knockout of the great Oscar De La Hoya.

“I lost in 2007 because I was not prepared. This time, I had everything in place and I showed the people of Sarangani that I will bring about change,” said Pacquiao, referring to his donation of firetrucks, hospital beds and other basic needs the last two years.

Pacquiao got 120,000 votes, while Chiongbian only earned half, something the one-time construction worker and vendor described as being “the voice of the people.”

“The people of Sarangani really wanted change,” said Pacquiao, who is eyeing a return to the ring on Nov. 13 either in Las Vegas or Dallas.

Since he will now be also working as a lawmaker, Pacquiao said he has decided to cut back on activities that are close to his heart.

Told about his perennial participation in big-time derbies, Pacquiao said he would still take part but will no longer immerse himself the way he used to.

“I will greatly reduce my participation in derbies and other things that give me joy. I now have two responsibilities,” said Pacquiao, stressing that quality healthcare and education and the welfare of athletes as tops in his priorities.

Meanwhile, Pacquiao is hopeful that the Mayweather fight finally pushes through for November 13 “for the sake of the boxing fans from around the world.”

Pacquiao has agreed to be tested 14 days before the fight but Mayweather hasn’t come out with an official stand regarding Pacquiao’s bold move.

Source: fightnews.com

No comments:

Post a Comment